Frigel for Giflor: sustainable and responsible production
Giflor chooses the Ecodry System cooling system for a sustainable production process of injection molded plastic caps.
Giflor is an internationally recognized manufacturer of injection molded plastic caps. They have received numerous awards in terms of aesthetics, quality and variety of products.
Consumers and professionals identify it as a responsible company, thanks to the attention it pays to the environment through a sustainable production process.
Giflor is, in fact, a symbol of Made in Italy excellence. Its patented locking systems are used by leading brands in the fields of cosmetics, personal hygiene, food and pharmaceuticals.
Founded in 1973 by Giuseppe Fracasso, the company has grown steadily over time thanks to passion and dedication, as well as the ability to innovate with Italian style in a key market such as plastic caps.
Giflor has decided to commission Frigel to replace the existing refrigeration system, dedicated to a factory with 31 injection molding machines consisting of traditional centralized cooling units and evaporative cooling towers operating on a double hydraulic circuit.
The aim was to achieve the following objectives:
- Reduce operating costs in terms of energy consumption, water and maintenance
- Production in terms of quantity and quality
- Replace existing chillers that cool the molds with a single operating temperature and operate in a pressurised system
- Replace the evaporative tower that cools the machines with significant water consumption and expensive maintenance
THE PROJECT AND THE SOLUTION
Frigel proposed an ECODRY SYSTEM, consisting of:
- Adiabatic coolers self draining working without glycol ECODRY 3DK series
- Water temperature control units in dual zone configuration for each individual mold MICROGEL RCD series
- Supervision system MiND™
Giflor chose this cooling system on the basis of the following points:
- Optimized production with a significant reduction in average cycle time of about , after a field test with a MICROGEL RCD Series
- Saving electricity, reducing water consumption and maintenance costs using the ECODRY Adiabatic System as an alternative to the existing centralized system. We have in fact obtained a saving of electric energy of approximately 20% and a reduction of water consumption by 95%
- The need to have a plant fully managed by a supervision system to carry out remote assistance and at the same time to meet the requirements required by industry 4.0 (MiND™)
For more informationContact us