Average annual water use for a 100-ton cooling system:
- Traditional cooling tower: 1 to 1.5 million gallons
- Ecodry closed loop: 20,000 to 40,000 gallons
Result: The Ecodry reduces consumption by over 1 million gallons of water/year.
The Ecodry uses an ambient air system, which delivers energy savings due to the use of variable speed fans only when needed, low thermal losses, efficient motors and intelligent control systems.
Average annual energy consumption:
- Cooling tower with central chiller: 0.8 kwh/ton
- Ecodry modular system: 0.05 kwh/ton
Result: A similarly sized Ecodry cuts energy use by up to 95 percent.
Because the Ecodry closed loop system keeps cooling water clean without chemical treatment, the entire system requires significantly less maintenance than cooling tower and central chiller systems.
- Monthly maintenance savings: Up to 40 hours per month
Adding the energy, maintenance and water cost savings, an Ecodry customer can achieve $117,745 in savings per year—for full ROI in just over two years. Here are some real-world results from manufacturers across the country:
In addition to the water, energy and maintenance savings, the Ecodry also delivers other ROI benefits that are harder to quantify.
- Shorter cycle times. In conjunction with a Microgel (chiller/TCU combo) or Turbogel (TCU), the Ecodry system delivers precise temperature and pressure at each process machine, helping reduce cycle times by as much as 20 percent—and leading to greater productivity and capacity.
- Less scrap. The Ecodry system’s ability to provide precise water temperatures and flow to individual process machines also creates an environment where there is less scrap and fewer bad parts, enabling significant material savings.